Pressure water system part 1

Published date: June 26, 2007
  • Boat Type: Boat Type

A Plastimo 150 litre holding tank is located under the rear berth it is laying on hull lining fabric to stop chaffing, and is held in position with zip ties at the aft end. Hull lining is also used to cover the aft berth sub structure on the lower side to stop chaffing when the tank is filled to capacity. A 11/2 inch fill inlet line is in the middle at the top of the tank and points aft, a 3/8 inch outlet line is underneath fwd pointing both attachment clamps are lagging to stop chaffing. The tank is off set to the starboard side to compensate for the weight of the galley. When filling this tank it has to be monitored as the tank when filled to capacity is larger than the compartment that it is located in.

Pressure pump
The rubber mounted Johnson pump is located in the port lounge storage compartment (extreme aft) although it is bolted to the underneath side of the aft berth sub structure (mount bolts hidden under the berth mattress). A Y fitting on the outlet side ports water to the galley (via an easy hooker flexible line) and aft to the hot water unit and deck shower. The pump has its own dedicated control switch and fuse on the electrical panel

Jack Sparrow

Published by: Jack Sparrow

Model Year: 2007


Useful information

  • Perform modifications at your own risk
  • Fully research modifications before performing yourself
  • All mods are listed as is with no waranty
  • This site does not make any claims about the validity or safety of modifications posted.

Related Mods

  • Bilge pump
    Bilge pump
    Water Systems - - December 1, 2019

    I installed a West Marine 2000 GPH bilge pump with 1-1/4" hose and a float switch under the cooler. I routed the hose to the transom thru-hull. It took about fourteen feet of hose. In the right of the large picture you can see the transom thru-hull j...

  • Faucet
    Water Systems - - December 1, 2019

    I highly suggest this relatively cheap modification! We added an electric faucet (small pump in-line) controlled at the faucet by a turn knob, not by a button. The button ones mean you have to hold the button down, where the knob one works just like ...

  • Water tank and deck fitting
    Water tank and deck fitting
    Water Systems - - December 1, 2019

    I replaced the starboard water tank with a better one (flexible type) which is now located below the cooler chest. The filling pipe goes below the headroom through the closet in the headroom and up on deck. You see the filling fitting on the picture....