Thanks to the Members....

A forum for discussing topics relating to MacGregor Powersailor Sailboats

Moderators: kmclemore, beene, NiceAft, Catigale, Hamin' X

NiceAft
Admiral
Sailboat: MacGregor 26M
Location: Upper Dublin,PA, USA: 2005M 50hp.Honda4strk.,1979 Phantom Sport Sailboat, 9'Achilles 6HP Merc 4strk

Re: Thanks to the Members....

Post by NiceAft » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:34 pm

BOAT,

Wrong subject for “Thanks to the Members...”

Start a new thread.
Ray ~~_/)~~

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:39 pm

BOAT wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:15 pm
I have a political question,

What do you guys use for an anchor light?
well being that I,m so cheap I use a Full Moon :idea: & never venture onto the dark side ! :o :?

John 8)

Highlander
Admiral
Location: Maccutter26M 2008 75HP Merc. 4/S Victoria BC. Can. ' An Hileanto'ir III '

Post by Highlander » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:40 pm

Good work Kevin :)
May we all sail forward for the sake of Mankind , Health , Prosperity & Lots of more Future Sailors on this site to keep this great sailing site & family going ahead for Generations to come as we r one Bubble that just keeps on growing Bigger for one & all World Wide :)

Now that winter is here I,m looking forward to seeing some new Mod Idea,s coming forth :)

BTW , My boat is better than ur boat & ur boat is better than his boat & his boat is better than this boat & this boat is better that boat & that boat is better than her boat & her boat is better than his boat ., But all said & done the Mac is the better boat so we all Win . :) :wink: & make one big happy family :)

Ok I gotta git back to my Solar panel mod , I keep redesinging my redesigned mod from the original designed Mod Geez am I gitting old or is my brain just gittin more refined as I age gracefully :D :D :D :D
No comment from u young back bencher whipper snappers :P

Life looks good Full Moon shining & a Bright Sun rising :D
OK gotta go git me another Scotch & feed my brain some more vitimins
May u all keep safe & Healthy as a new yr of sailing approaches for us all & family,s

J 8)

kmclemore
Site Admin
Sailboat: MacGregor 26X
Location: Ambler, PA -- MACX2018A898 w/ Tohatsu 50D -- 78 BW Harpoon 4.6 -- 2018 Tahoe 550TF w/ 150 Merc

Post by kmclemore » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:19 am

Highlander wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:40 pm
May u all keep safe & Healthy as a new yr of sailing approaches for us all & family,s

J 8)
Thanks, and here, here!

Herschel
Admiral

Post by Herschel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:07 am

BRAVO ZULU...Kevin. 8)

Starscream
Captain

Post by Starscream » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 am

I'm not sure where to post this...
I advocate for this site a lot on the FB macgregor page, always trying to steer people over here.

I have a lot of trouble with the main page of this site. Often I get a "failed to fetch" error (currently) and just as often I get a "maximum number of views exceeded" error. The active topics dont show up and the site becomes hard to navigate. I suspect we may be losing some new members to the landing page issues.

I like how the site is progressing: the core of regulars is awesome and I'm seeing more and more new handles. Maybe it's time for a holiday reminder: it looks like this resurrected site has achieved critical mass and is here to stay so maybe it's time to DONATE to keep it running.

If I had one wish, its that the main page would go back to the way it was before, with the top 10 latest topics visible instead of the last 25 posts, all of which may have been on the same topic. I know I can bookmark the "active posts" link but still.

Starscream
Captain

Post by Starscream » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:44 am

Here's part of the problem:

That's from my cell. Currently my desktop has the "fail to fetch" error.

Here's another problem:

Oddly, I can't donate directly with my credit card. When I select Mastercard it forces me on to Paypal instead of taking a direct mastercard payment.

Russ
Admiral

Post by Russ » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:27 am

Starscream wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:26 am

If I had one wish, its that the main page would go back to the way it was before, with the top 10 latest topics visible instead of the last 25 posts, all of which may have been on the same topic. I know I can bookmark the "active posts" link but still.
Agreed. The most recent posts widget is not working well. Will have to work on something better.
The "old" way was better, however, it was all custom code and components that were no longer supported by the latest version of PHP.
--Russ

Dougiestyle
Chief Steward

Post by Dougiestyle » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:42 am

Thanks to all on this site! It has been a wealth of info and inspiration for me. I hope 2021 will be better for all.
Dougiestyle
1998 26X , Nissan 50D, "Water Buffalo"